Posted on: Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Silver.

Oh my stinkin' heck. Chris Bathgate has a new song out, "No Silver," and a new album, Salt Year, coming April 26! Yayayayay! About the song, he describes being dead broke and then says:

"This is typically how close to the edge I have to operate as a musician. I eat biscuits, and people all over the world send me nice messages, explaining how much they love my music. When I was recording this song, that hopeless excited feeling came back. I dumped a few cracked cymbals on the floor of Jim Roll’s studio and started smashing away a kick drum, and a washboard. I wanted No Silver to sound broke, broken and exhilarated."

So inspiring. Click here to listen to the song and read the rest of what he has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg