Posted on: Monday, March 7, 2011

Help I'm alive.

These two songs go together. They have the same kind of dark vibe, but carry such a vibrant, celebratory message: We're living. What do we do next? Emily Haines of Metric sings, "Help I'm alive/My heart keeps beating like a hammer," and "If we're still alive/My regrets are few/If my life is mine/What shouldn't I do?" Whatshisface from Interpol sings "Remember take hold of your time here/Give some meanings to the means/To your end/Not even jail."

Stand up; pay attention, they both say. Your heart is beating like a HAMMER. It's going to knock a big ol' hole in your chest. You can't ignore that. So let's go DO something.





Side note: I advise strongly against seeing Interpol live. It's one giant, gaping yawn of a show. Nonetheless, "Not Even Jail" is still a favorite song of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg