Posted on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Growing is forever.

This is something I want to meditate on, from Superhero Journal:

"What I came across was a blog post that a yoga instructor posted who was also craving the medicine of the redwoods. I loved this line in particular, "When I sit near them, I can feel the power of the simple act of staying."

And maybe that's what it's about. The redwoods grow fast and they grow strong. They give oxygen and shelter. They are beautiful and wild and no matter what happens they stay put. It's starting to sound like motherhood to me, at least the kind of motherhood I'm being asked to step into. To stay with the uncertainty, to grow wild and strong, to stay rooted and firm, steadfast."

Growing is Forever from Jesse Rosten on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg