Posted on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are you preparing yourself for?

"For a lot of my life, I was on autopilot. I made decisions that affected the course of my life but, not always with the final product in mind. I was short sited, just making decisions that seemed to satisfy or effect the here and now without much consideration for what I was really preparing myself for in the future. So, I'll ask the question again, "What are you preparing yourself for?" Maybe, I'm the only one who needed to hear this but, I for one am tired of believing that I don't have much say in how my "piece of the pie" shapes up. I for one want to make conscious decisions about what ingredients I choose to blend into the story of my life. My story does not have to be the result of an accidental mixture of events designed and delivered randomly by fate." -- from a post called "Preparation" on the fantastic Mangiez Vos Verts.
I can so relate to this. And lately I've been struggling with it, too. I really like the idea of asking myself, "What are you preparing yourself for?" as a way to shape the decisions I make. I think it would be a great motivator when a task before me seems too hard or when the desired outcome is so far away I can't really see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg