Posted on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bright sunlight, falling rain.

Here is the trick. The trick is to remember to notice things. The trick is to notice and be there. There, in the place and the moment you're noticing. I knew driving home yesterday that the rain was coming. I could smell it before I could see it off in the distance, all heavy gray and the searing slap of lightning. The promise of thunder. I slept and was pulled from sleep by insistent rain. This morning the hot, wet air. On the way into the building, a hazy rising light through the spaces between leaves, punctuated drips from rain-heavy leaves. Each little drop catching the light, a bright spark there and gone like a dawn's version of a shooting star. A miracle of sorts. I felt it rise in my chest like a secret wish, so I did. Let me remember to see this again and again. Bright sunlight, falling rain. Nothing is more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg