Posted on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shining a light.

“What really matters when you go to your death bed? It’s not about the fuck-you songs to the government. I don’t think that’s what it should be about. It’s about shining a light and being a light and not cursing the darkness. We are all born into a world that is at war. Brothers and sisters don’t recognize each other and we all are living in this illusion of duality.” -- Jade Castrinos, of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

This video/song actually somehow brought tears to my eyes. Something about what drives us to move like this, to dance and to dance together. It makes me happy. He sings "come dance with me," but he might as well be singing, "come stand with me," "come sing with me," "come pray with me." It's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg