Posted on: Friday, June 3, 2011

Unlock my body and move myself at last/to dance.

The first song here, "Chinese Apple," is a beautiful song by Loose Fur aka Jeff Tweedy of Wilco and other folks. Fun fact: I walked down the aisle to this song! The lyrics are lovely, which brings us to fun fact #2: the lyrics "unlock my body/move myself at last/into warm liquid/flowing blowing glass/classical music/blasting masks the ringing in my ears" repeat themselves in Wilco's "Heavy Metal Drummer," a very different song. Except in that one he says, "move myself to dance" instead of "move myself at last." I like how changing the "at last" to "to dance" totally changes the feeling of the lyrics that follow, and what it might mean to "unlock your body." Both are awesome songs.

1 comment:

  1. Just starting listening to Wilco, and thankyou for Loose Fur

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg