Posted on: Monday, May 2, 2011

You go back, but it's never the same.

An odd morning. Monday, gray and dark and cold. Constant rain and distant rumble of thunder. I'm tired, Mad is tired - the whole family is tired because we got a dog from the shelter and the transition has been a little bumpy. Not to mention our daughter who wakes easily during thunderstorms. I wake up to the news that Osama bin Laden has been killed, and that Americans are rejoicing. This makes me uncomfortable - it feels gross that scads of people converged upon the capitol just to celebrate a violent death, no matter whose death it was. Humanity, you know? Life is sacred, or it should be. And so I would hope that a death like this would be met silently, I guess. With pale faces. I don't know. I'm not mourning the guy, but this was ugly business, through and through. And to cheer it on -- well, it's just gross.

I don't know how to shape the day into something better, but I'm working on it. We'll start here, with "The Heron and the Fox" by Little Scream. It's sparse and beautiful. And kind of lush, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg