Posted on: Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eyes to the sky.

Last night my husband and I grabbed a thick sleeping bag, laid it out on our driveway, curled up under blankets, and watched the sun cast the earth's shadow on the moon. We were quiet, staring up at the reddening moon, while a cool winter wind blew in the first official bit of winter. The leaves in the tree above us were deep orange and made that pleasing shhhhh sound with every gentle gust.

It's not often that one can get a sense of where they really are in the universe, to have an idea of the inner workings of the cosmos, to see if only for a moment how it all matches up. To witness that perfect symmetry.

It made me feel content to essentially close out 2010 with such a sighting. I hope to usher in 2011 in much the same way: feeling the alignment of the great big world around me, catching a glimpse of my place in it, eyes to the sky, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg